The Phillip and Edith Leonian Foundation funds photography programs and related projects in the United States, with an emphasis on documentary photography. We also support community and student education programs that teach photography.
The Foundation is unable to fund multi-year grants, administrative costs, salaries, capital improvements, or grants to individuals without fiscal sponsors. All fiscal sponsors must have 501(c)3 status.
Grants range from $3K - $50K. Grants are determined on an annual basis; the next deadline for grant proposals is February 15, 2019.
Preliminary letters of inquiry are encouraged. Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application will require:
- brief narrative describing the request
- detailed project budget with all other funders (and potential funders) listed
- how the Leonian Foundation will receive credit for the grant
- letter of agreement from Sponsor with duties clearly defined; proof of 501(c)3 status of Fiscal Sponsor
- photographic images, press articles, or other representative publications
All grantees will be required to submit interim and/or final reports, with deadlines specified by the Foundation.