The Phillip and Edith Leonian Foundation funds photography programs and related projects in the United States, with an emphasis on documentary photography. We also support community and student education programs that teach photography.
The Foundation is unable to fund multi-year grants, administrative costs, salaries, capital improvements, or grants to individuals. All grant recipients must have 501(c)3 status.
Grants range from $3K - $50K. Grants are determined on an annual basis; the next deadline for grant proposals is February 15, 2019.
Preliminary letters of inquiry are encouraged. Send all inquiries to email@example.com.
The application will require:
- brief narrative describing the request
- detailed project budget with all other funders (and potential funders) listed
- information about the organization (include a mission statement)
- organization’s annual budget
- current list of the organization’s board of directors
- how the Leonian Foundation will receive credit for the grant
- proof of 501(c)3 status
- photographic images, press articles, or other representative publications
All grantees will be required to submit interim and/or final reports, with deadlines specified by the Foundation.