The Phillip and Edith Leonian Foundation funds documentary photography programs and related projects in the United States. We also support community and student education programs that teach photography. Grants to organizations range from $3K - $50K.
The Foundation is unable to fund multi-year grants, administrative costs, salaries, capital improvements, or grants to individuals without Fiscal Sponsors. All grant recipients must have 501(c)3 status.
Preliminary letters of inquiry are encouraged.
Send all letters of inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send a hard copy of the LOI or additional application materials to:
Phillip and Edith Leonian Foundation
114 East 13th Street, TH-1
New York, NY 10003
The next deadline for grant proposals is February 15, 2019.
Applications will need to include:
- narrative describing the request
- detailed project budget with all other funders (and potential funders) listed
- information about the organization (include a mission statement)
- organization’s annual budget
- current list of the organization’s board of directors
- proof of 501(c)3 status
- for Individuals applying with a Fiscal Sponsor: letter of agreement from Sponsor with duties clearly defined; proof of 501(c)3 status of Fiscal Sponsor
- photographic images, press articles, or other representative publications. These items may also be sent by regular mail to the address above.
Final Report Instructions
*Only complete this Final Report if you received funding for an exhibition.
In order to fully comply with the requirement of the Phillip and Edith Leonian Foundation Grant received, please submit a Final Report by the date listed on your grant award letter.
If you have questions related to your final report, you may contact Judith Lane at email@example.com or (212) 420-1860 x2.
If you have any issues with the Submittable platform itself, you may contact Submittable directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.